Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Birthday Party

Carson's birthday party was the Saturday following his b-day (9/25). As I mentioned earlier, he was struggling that week w/ napping, and this day was no exception. It was as if he knew it was a big day. :-) We got about 20 minutes. Seriously. Lucas even took him driving around in hopes of getting a few more. They were gone forever and he said Carson only slept the last 10 in the car. So....I was expecting a meltdown for sure during the party. But he was so good! You could tell he was tired, especially by the end, but he did so well! He fell asleep shortly after everyone left though.

I was so stressed out planning everything - this was my first birthday party! And I'm not a very creative person! It's not like he would know the difference, but it was a big deal to me. But everything turned out just fine. It did, however, prove that we need a bigger house. :-) We didn't have a huge number of people there, but we were confined inside (it rained) and everyone in one little living room was chaotic! But it seemed that Carson had fun, so that's all that really matters. I had fun too! :-)

He was totally spoiled with presents! He got some really cute clothes and some great toys! He finally seemed to get into opening the gifts (and had some help from his older friends - cute). The Mickey Mouse choo-choo from Nana and Papa was a hit w/ the kids! They took turns riding it. And there would have been fights over the awesome wagon from Aunt Mandy and Uncle Bob, but we took that back outside quickly! We're very lucky to have such great friends and family. Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate the day!!

Next was cake for the birthday boy! (Trefzger's - Mommy's favorite!) He started crying when we strapped him into the highchair, but once I set that cake down, his eyes lit up. He slowly but steadily ate and ate. I finally had to take it away, which caused a few more tears, but it wasn't too bad. Anyway, it turned out to be a great day! But I was kind of glad when it was over and we could just relax at home w/ our new little toddler!

Some of the decorations



Presents!


Cake!

"What is this.....?"
"Hmmm.....not bad....I think I'll have more....."
"Mmmm.....cake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment