Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2012

7 weeks

The weeks are flying by!  I had every intention of posting on the same night each week (ideally Mondays) but it's just not happening.  :)  Oh well.  I'm not too late this week. 

Last week was BUSY!  We started off the 7th week with another attempt at a photo shoot.  I'm just not good at this stuff!  LOL.  I think that I need a photo assistant or something.  ;)  It's too hard to try to pose her and take the picture, etc.  It was really hard to try to get that darn thing wrapped around her w/ her squirming.  Definitely didn't get the image I had in my head.  I think we're beyond the snuggly, sleeping baby that can be put into random positions.  She's over it.  And I give up.  :)  This (very brief) attempt w/ our previously missing cheesecloth ended in pee and poo all over our couch.  Guess Avery told me how she felt about the session.......  :)

Avery - 6 weeks



Get me outta this thing!!!  I'm warning you - I'm gonna poo.......!
The rest of the week was pretty much spent organizing!  I felt like I was on an episode of Hoarders.  ;)  And my professional organizer is Amanda Bradstreet!  (Sounds very professional!)  Mandy - if you ever get tired of doing hair........
Mandy came over to kick my butt in gear.  It was just what I needed.  I've been talking forever about wanting to get organized, declutter, deep clean, etc.  So Mandy came over on Thursday and Friday and we tackled the kitchen!  I'm glad we started there because everything else after this should seem easy!  LOL.  I wish I'd gotten better before and after pics too because what I have does NOT do it justice.  We started by pulling everything out of the cabinets and sorting through.  Lucas about had a heart attack when he came home the first night.  But everything has to get worse before it can get better, right?  Slowly everything (probably less than half) found its new home!  (I think I seriously had over 15 vases!)  Our kitchen is way to small for all of that crap!  (One person should never own that much "tupperware"!)  I love love love having an empty countertop and organized cabinets.  I love that everything has a very clear spot!  I can't thank Mandy enough for helping me and keeping me motivated.  It was just nice to hang out too.  :)  I had to laugh today though because an episode of Hoarders was on today - damn TLC - and the therapist was talking about how Hoarders often focus on the future and if they can use something "someday".  That's so me!  More than once I think I told Mandy "what if I need it someday?".  And she would bluntly tell me that I wouldn't.  LOL.  Or I didn't need 3 or something.  ;)  (Hey - you made out w/ a lovely jar opener!  HAHA.)  Anyway, seeing just that little bit of the episode today freaked me out because it sounded like me.  So now I'm in even more of a mood to throw everything away!  My goal is to have every room organized and decluttered so it will be easier to talk Lucas into a cleaning person (heehee) and that we can eventually think about putting the house on the market and finding something a bit bigger.  I'm just tired of the junk.  I figure what better way of spending the munchkin's nap times!

Before

Before plus pulling everything from off the TOP of the cabinets....ugh

Here we go........pulling it all out

This just doesn't do the mess justice!  Ha. 

Yay!  I think it's looks better in person!  I should've taken pics of INSIDE the cabinets!!


The babies were complete angels while we worked!  Mine slept the entire time and this little guy played contently.  :)




Mandy and I agreed that if we have more sessions, we should do Sundays, so the kids can play with their daddies!

Ok, so what else is new this week......
Miss Avery moved to her crib!!  Friday, April 20th.  6 weeks, 4 days.  Last week was ROUGH as far as sleeping at night goes (up most nights until well after 1), so we figured that maybe it was best that she move to her room and we try to establish more of a bedtime routine (we'd just been doing baths each night as her "routine").  Nothing too strict, but something to signal night time.  :)  It's been less than a week (of little sleep for mommy) but it's slowly getting better.  Last night was the first night she slept all night in her crib!  Not sleeping through the night, mind you, but staying in her crib!  Most nights have ended with me giving up and sleeping while holding her on the couch.  Then it's amazing how long she sleeps.  :)  But in the crib, it was 15 minute intervals.  Then a bit longer, but no more than 2-3 hours (we'd previously been getting 5 straight).  Anyway, last night was pretty good.  I just refused to give up.  ;)  (Lucas had taken the previous night so I could sleep a bit, in bed!, so I had some energy.  Did I mention that I've been sleeping on the couch since we got home from the hospital??)  I nursed her around 7, then she had a bath at 9 and bottle in her room.  Then LOTS of rocking.  Man, that girl is wide away at night.  :)  She'd fall asleep and wake up 10 minutes after laying her down.  She finally fell asleep for good around 1.  Woke at 4:30.  Then back to bed at 6.  Then she didn't wake up until almost 11!  She at least slept in her crib, so that was a huge plus!  We'll get there.  :)  Carson was sleeping through the night by 8 weeks, but I know we were probably just really lucky with him and every baby's different.  We'll figure out what works for her eventually.  Guess I'm giving away my "8 weeks" post - haha!  ;)  Spoiler alert.  LOL. 

Here was my little burrito after 6 hours cuddling with mommy on the couch....

And then last night in her crib!

Guess since I'm posting about this week too (8th week) already, I'll just continue.  :)  Lucas fed her for the first time Tuesday night.  Our new "routine" will allow them to spend more time together.  Not that he hasn't helped with her, but with two now, I've been focused almost solely on her and he's been focused almost solely on Carson.  It's just what's worked for us.  And because of that, I've realized that I'm pretty possessive of her.  :)  I need to trust her Daddy to take care of her too!  We're going to start alternating nights putting each of them down now.  I miss Carson! 

First time Daddy fed her
Carson quotes from this week:
 - "I need to start listening.  Listen to Daddy Lucas."  (we've had a few time outs this week).  The funniest thing is that he put HIMSELF in time out TWICE.  And then cried because he was in time out! 
 - "Mommy, you made a big mess!  You clean up?"  (referring to the kitchen!)
 - "That's just crazy talk!"
 - "Bye girls!  Have a good day!"  (when he leaves in the morning)
 - "That's okay baby sister".  He still loves to try to comfort her if she cries.
 - "Good job Avery!"  I think this was when we were doing tummy time.  :)
 - "Tickle tickle!"  He likes to try to tickle her feet and belly.  It's so cute.  
 - When I asked him if he wanted to help change Avery's diaper, he replied, "Umm....no.  I'm good."
 - "I just need to shake it off".  He had a few spills this week and kept saying that.  Such a tough boy.
 - Carson:  "There's Lightning McQueen!  He 'ca-chow'!"
   Mommy:  "Ca-chow!"
   Carson:  "Not you, Mommy.  Just me."
   I couldn't help but laugh, to which he replied with "I so funny!"   He IS so funny to us.  Probably bad that he knows it though.  :)
 - "Monsters up there!"  (looking up at lights)  "It's scary.  You protect me Mommy?"  (I love that!)  "Look.  Four monsters.  And three monsters. And one.  And two."  The whole time he just nodded and stared seriously at the ceiling fan.  I wonder if he was counting the blades....?

He's been telling "stories" lately too.  It almost seems that it's whenever he might be in trouble.  He's been telling us the following repeatedly this week:
"Maxi hit me.  He pushed me down.  He in trouble.  He go to time out.  He kissed me.  And hugged me too".  Since we didn't see Max this weekend, I'm pretty sure poor Max was just a ploy to get some attention.....

And his favorite thing over the last couple of weeks, which I think it's totally adorable, is the "stealing body parts" game.  He ran up to me the other day and "stole" my ear.  He ran off with it.  Ten minutes later, he remembered and came back over and gave me my ear back w / kiss on the cheek.  So cute.  He constantly "steals" our noses ("I eat your nose!").  So we do the same back.  ;)  ("Hey - give me my cheeks back!).  Pretty cute. 


More pics from the last (7th) week:

Holding sister's hand

Baby fat rolls!!

Carson LOVES his bubble swords!!  Daddy got him a new Spiderman one!

7 weeks

She's filling out!!  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment