Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Carson Song

Carson's growing up so quickly.  It's so fun to watch, but sometimes with a twinge of sadness that it's all going so fast.  He is Mr. Independent lately.  He wants to do EVERYTHING on his own.  Which of course means that everything takes F.O.R.E.V.E.R.  It's exhausting and I admit, it's a bit trying on my patience by the end of the day when he insists on undressing/dressing himself, going potty by himself (getting himself up on the toilet), moving the stool to the sink, turning the water on just right, brushing his teeth (that part is good), practicing his "spitting", filling the water cup up 10 times until he has rinsed enough and then taking "just one drink mommy".  It goes on. and on.  and on.  Sigh.  He knows how cute he is and what he can get away with.  Or at least he's testing it.  :)

But with all of the independence, every once in a while I'll still get my "baby".  Like tonight after their bath (which by the way is becoming the norm - baths together = so.much.fun), he crawled up into my lap and said, "Mommy, you sing me the Carson song?"  Aaah.  The "Carson song" is a silly song that I not-so-creatively made up one night after baths.  When he was just a little guy.  It became our thing and I would sing it every night.  Carson used to ask "more, more" when he was little.  Daddy even  had to learn it last year to sing to him on nights I worked late.  He hasn't asked for it in a long time.  Tonight though, we rocked and I "sang".  He just kept whispering, "One more time mommy/Do it again".  Love, love, love.

"Carson, my baby Carson, 
Oh I love you so much.
You're my baby, my baby boy, 
And I love you more and more....."

His current thing is that he wants me to cuddle in his bed for a few minutes every night.  I try not to most nights because he can verge on temper tantrum then when I leave.  And there's always "something" to be done.  But I probably need to remember the days when he asks to cuddle won't last long.  Like our song.  And I should just take advantage.  :)  I told him I couldn't tonight and I got a "that breaks my heart mommy!!".   I really think it's a plot to get me to fall asleep in there with him......It doesn't take much to knock me out.  I fell asleep one night and Lucas came back to check and found Carson just patting my head.  He was grinning from ear to ear that I fell asleep.  That kid's just too cute sometimes.

And what's a post without pictures........bath time tonight!




She just adores her big brother!




No comments:

Post a Comment