Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October

Well, it's been a while since my last post. It's been hectic lately. I'd really like to erase October 2010 and pretend that it never happened. All in all, it was a pretty crappy month. But, there were some good moments. So I will start with those.

With work being as crazy as it's been lately, there wasn't a whole lot of time in October for fun. But we managed to sneak in a few things - we had a visit w/ out-of-town family, a trip to Fired Up to make his handprint, a visit to the zoo, a trip to Apple Blossom far (to late to see any pumpkins :-( ), and Halloween! Guess we did manage to have some fun after all. :-)

Carson was only a month old last year, so Halloween events were non-existent. I was too scared to take him out of the house at that point! Well, that's an exaggeration, but only slight. :-) But this year, we decided to try the Witches Walk at the Farm Park in EP. We went on the first night, and a little late. We arrived (w/ a grumpy boy) to see a very long line. It moved fairly quickly though and we made it in. Carson is very independent these days and wants to walk everywhere. That was the case that night. He wanted to walk. And he only wanted to walk w/ DADDY. He wanted nothing to do w/ me. We had that for a few weeks. I think it was due to me working so late and not seeing him in the evenings. That was an extra little stab in the heart - on top of the stress and guilt I already felt - haha. But he's finally starting to warm back up to mommy. Maybe someday I'll figure out this work-life balance thing. But anyway....Halloween. :-) So we made it almost halfway through the park and then major meltdown. We exited as quickly as we could (searching through the diaper bag for our new BFF - "blankie" - w/ no luck). He screamed all the way to the car (where, by the way, I found blankie on the ground). I strapped him into his carseat and handed him blankie, and he instantly (seriously) stopped crying and fell asleep. I guess we learned the limitations of a very tired little boy. But Lucas said that we should still count it as a "success". Ha ha. We at least know what to expect next year.

Our little giraffe at the Witches Walk

And then on Halloween, we took Carson and Emma around to a few houses. He wouldn't get out of his wagon for the first two, but finally did at the third. It was so cute having him waddle up to the door. :-) He waved and waved at them. But, apparently, that was enough for him. He quickly dissolved into tears at the next house. I guess three was our limit. He loved watching us pass out candy though. He ran up to the door every time someone came up. It was pretty cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment