Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Updates

Quick update on Emma - she did get sick yesterday (in Carson's room - yuck!). :-( Poor baby. Hopefully it passes. We gave her rice and cottage cheese for dinner so hopefully the carbs helped settle her stomach a bit. She also woke up in the middle of the night, panting heavily. I don't know if that means she's in pain or just hot. :-( I let her out and she didn't want to come back in. I think she was enjoying the cool air. She went back to sleep right away though. Hopefully, she doesn't have any other side effects. Aside from those, she seems to have a lot of energy. I think the steroids make her feel pretty good overall.

Update on Carson - I realized I haven't posted anything on what he's been up to lately -
- He is definitely Mr. Independent. He wants to walk everywhere. And he's not into holding hands. He just wants to take off on his own. :-)
- He has a security blanket. :-) Or several actually. He all of a sudden became attached to the cloth diapers that we had as burp rags. He now carries one with him almost constantly.
- We finally turned his carseat around. He loves it! I feel kind of bad that we didn't do it sooner. I've seen so much on how it's safer to have it backwards, but he's so tall! His legs were always up on the backseat. He did not look comfortable at all. He seems to enjoy the new view!
- Carson is officially off bottles! His last one was last Friday. He only got one at bedtime - he's been off the rest since his birthday. But we were nervous to pull that final one. There always seemed to be something going on (illness, etc.) that prevented us from doing it. He seemed so attached to that at bedtime. We were nervous that he wouldn't go to sleep without it, and selfishly, we didn't want to mess with sleeping! I think it was more for our security than his. But we finally just did it, and like most other things with him, I don't know what we were so worried about! He threw a mini-fit at first, but it didn't last long at all. He is still a champ at going to bed. We're lucky he's so easy. He just needs a book and then he goes down without a problem! He's been going to bed earlier and earlier though lately. I think he wears himself out at school. :-)
- Carson loves dancing. He and his buddy Max apparently have dance parties at school. I have got to get it on video sometime! He cracks me up! It's the cutest thing to see.
- Carson is getting close to moving up at school! Yikes! I sometimes wish I could slow him down. He actually won't be moving up until January, but he and Max have gone up to the toddler room a couple of times in the last week! They even ate lunch there yesterday. They don't have sippy cups in that room, so I guess we need to start practicing with real cups. He still seems so young though........They definitely grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment