Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Swimming Lessons and Mother's Day

Carson had his first swimming lesson on 5/7/11. He was supposed to start the previous week but was running a fever from an ear infection and possible strep throat (Daddy had a horrible case of strep earlier in the week). The whole weekend ended up being all about Daddy for sure (not Lucas' fault). Carson wanted NOTHING to do with me and swimming lessons were no exception. It was fun to watch them together though. And that just let me take pictures, so it worked out.


I was hopeful for Mother's Day, but the mommy-boycott continued. Carson yelled at me every time I even made eye contact with him. I tried to pick him up a couple of times and he just screamed. I sat down on the couch next to him and he yelled "no" and climbed onto Lucas' lap. Needless to say, my overly sensitive butt dissolved in tears and remained that way on and off for a majority of the day. I know rationally not to take a toddler's mood to heart, but after 3 solid days, it hurt. I've definitely been in a dark funk since getting the news about Emma. All I kept thinking was that this is my last Mother's Day with one of my babies....and the other can't stand me.

We finally forced ourselves to get out of the house and went to the zoo. He FINALLY warmed up to me (I may have also bribed him with ice cream). By the time we got home, he wanted to read and color. Whew. Could've been a better day, but overall, I was just grateful to have both of my babies with me on Mother's Day. It's true when they say that you never know how much you can really love until you become a mother. I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment