Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carson Update

Let me see if I can catch up w/ everything Carson's been up to the last 5 months!  I MUST make this blog more of a priority so I can remember everything.  I guess first of all, I definitely have a little boy now.  He's so active and energetic.  He talks up a storm.  His daily report from daycare frequently is marked with "talkative".  :)  But he thankfully gets "happy" and "good listener" most days as well.  He repeats everything  though so we really need to watch what we say and what's on TV for sure.  I've found myself reminding Lucas quite a few times that we can hear him when he's on the phone.  :)  Thankfully, we've had no bad words repeated yet though.  We did, sadly, get "shut up" last week though.  I really was kind of surprised at that one because Lucas and I honestly do not say that to each other.  My only guess is that it came from the neighbors dogs who we all tell frequently to "shut up" or "be quiet".  We'll be sure to focus on the "be quiet" now.  Carson actually makes us laugh w/ the dogs because as soon as they go outside, they all start barking (3 beagles!).  So immediately, Carson scowls and shakes his finger and yells "no, no girls".  Pretty cute.  The finger wag is a new popular activity.  We learned that a little girl in his daycare class pointed and said "no" a lot, so he picked that up very quickly.  He's VERY particular about things.  Wonder where he gets that from......But anyway, he definitely likes things his way and even likes people to play with him a certain way.  So I hear "no, no Mommy"  (with the finger point/wag) a lot.  :)

Some other popular phrases:

 - "No, no mommy/daddy.  No fill-in the-blank (hug, kiss, sit, dance, sing - pretty much whatever you're doing that he doesn't like.  LOL). 
 - "Oh, thank you, mommy/daddy.  Welcome."  (He always says both thank you and (you're) welcome together).
- "Guys" - as in "Bye guys!".  This one is newer and it cracks me up for some reason.  He turns around and yells it to Lucas and I when he leaves the room.  And he says it to things in his book when he turns the pages.  :)
- "My need help".  He says "my" instead of "I".  This one's been around for a long time.  He's always quick to ask for help.  Makes me smile.
- "I luv you".  He can now say the full phrase instead of just "I love".  The best is when he asks for a kiss and hug and then says "I luv you".  :)
- "There you are!"  (instead of "there is is")
- "More pictures/gideo (video)"  One of his favorite activities lately is to look at pictures and videos (of himself) on my phone.  He laughs and laughs.
- "Bless you mommy/daddy" (if we sneeze) or "Excuse you mommy/daddy" (if we cough).

But anyway, he pretty much repeats everything.  It's fun now to ask him how his day was and he'll say that he played w/ "Maxi/Dash" (his two best buddies - Max and Dash).  They actually told us at his 2-yr. check up that his vocabulary was very advanced for his age.  I think I have to credit being around so many other little kids at daycare.  That and he's just super smart, right?  ;)

He started a new daycare class right after his birthday.  September 26th was his first day.  It's definitely been an adjustment.  Probably the most in this class so far (compared to his others).  For the first several weeks, he cried and cried when I dropped him off.  It just broke my heart.  That along with my working late at night, it was just heartbreaking that my only interaction with him each day was leaving him bawling and yelling for me.  Just too much.  And with all these hormones...I left crying more than once myself.  But thankfully, the last week or two have been much better and I think he's gotten used to the new routine.  The age range is 2 to 2 1/2 but in the early morning and late afternoon, they combine w/ the 2 1/2 to 3 year olds.  So, it's just a very loud and active room compared to the last one.  I think it was a bit overwhelming for both of us.  And I haven't gotten to know the new teachers yet, which bothers me, but I just hope that they're nice.  I'm sure they're fine - just hard getting used to new people.  They put the kids on the potty in this room.  They don't push it, but they at least put them on it to sit 3 times a day.  I'm hoping that will help once we start working with him at home.  We halfheartedly tried that first week and he did go a couple of times!  The first official potty at home was on September 27th!  We were so excited!  And then the following Friday (9/30), he pooed!!  We really haven't tried since then.  Work kicked up again and it's just been crazy.  We just haven't had time to work w/ the potty.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to make progress before the baby gets here in March.  We'll see.  :)

What else?  He jumps, kicks and throws balls, reads along with books, counts.  He's obsessed with colors (and has been for what seems like forever!).  He names colors everywhere he goes.  And repeats them almost obsessively until you repeat it as well.  He can wipe his own nose!  That one's pretty awesome.  Especially in the car.  :)  Guess that's the Carson update.  Will update with pics in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment