Carson update:
Not too much to report, but I'm trying to be better w/ regular posts. :)
The last couple of weeks, Carson's been particularly attached to me at night. It's starting to ease up, but for a while, poor Daddy wasn't allowed to read to him or put him down. Or I should say poor me. :) I don't mind too much though. I like the cuddles. But I have to admit, I'm really tired of reading the same two books every night. Current faves are Trucks (slide and find) and the Sweet Smell of Christmas (one of my very favorites as a child!). He also has taken to rocking at night again. He knows how to get me! :) Every night, he looks at me and says "Mommy, rock for second??" How do you say no to that?? So, we've been rocking. I missed it. He'll lay down like normal after a few minutes. Not a bad end to a day!
Other favorite phrases lately (in addition to "Rock for second?") :
- "I did it!!"
- "Mommy/Daddy, look at me!"
- "(Blank) hit/pushed me" - Not sure where this one came from. Daycare?? Most often, unfortunately, it's been "Daddy hit me" which obviously isn't true! Makes me sad to think he's overhearing that at school though. I don't know if it's that, or if he just is at the stage where he makes stuff up. Maybe a bit of both. But, Daddy/Mommy/Max, we've all "hit" or "pushed" him lately. Silly boy. :(
- "No problem!" This was in response to a "thank you" from Daddy. Made us laugh out loud. He's such a little person with some of the stuff he says! Wish I could remember it all.
- "Go Bears!" Unprompted. He LOVES to put on his jersey on Sundays so he can match Daddy. Well, when he woke up from his nap Sunday, we put his jersey on. And he yelled "go Bears!" He's going to be just like Daddy with his love of football. He always asking to "watch football?". I'm sure Dad's proud.
- "I/My need (insert pretty much anything" - his NEEDS are great these days. Makes me smile. "I NEED watch Woooooody-Buzz" (Toy Story); "I need moneys" (that's a new one this week - he's always looking for change for his piggy bank!); "I need play playdoh"; "I need crackers". He needs it all. :) And right away. Haha. AND he's learned just how cute he is. If he doesn't get it the first time, he'll repeat it over and over, each time hunching up his shoulders and cocking his head to the side, with a HUGE grin on his face. Like if he just keeps saying it w/ that smile, everyone will give in. We normally don't, but it does make us laugh.
Carson also had his first bloody incident this week too. We were playing downstairs in his tent and all of a sudden, he burst into tears! I looked in the tunnel and he opened his mouth and all I saw was blood! I grabbed him out of there and tried to see where it was coming from. Then, just as fast, the tears stopped and he scooted back down the tunnel. Blood dripping down his chin. What a boy! I finally got him out again and got him cleaned up. It was just a cut to his lip, but it bled for a while. I still don't know if he hit it on something or fell and bit it or what. But some hugs and ice and he was good as new. He's a tough little boy. I have a feeling he falls a lot at school. :) He had a pretty cute puffy lip for a while. I couldn't resist getting pics as he sat on the couch, holding the bag of ice to his lip. We could barely get it away from him.
Speaking of falls, his other pretty adorable thing lately is asking for kisses if he hurts himself. He frequently will come up after falling or bumping into something and ask me to kiss whatever owie he has. We get "kiss toes?" a lot. And a couple time, have gotten requests just to "kiss shirt/pants" - apparently a superficial "wound" - haha. He "break" or "bump head" a lot, so lots and lots of kisses on the forehead. The other day, he fell down on his trains (on his butt). Whined for a minute, stood up and asked "mommy, kiss butt?" LOL. And of course I did. He always replies with a "Oh thank you mommy/daddy!" So cute.
Avery update:
Avery seems to be doing well. VERY active. She kicks constantly. Last week, Lucas finally got to feel for himself (23 weeks)! I've been feeling it since 16-17 weeks, but every time I've tried to get him to feel it, she seems to stop. He finally caught her this time. It was also the first week that I could see her kicks from the outside. I had a meeting last week and almost laughed as I watched my stomach move around. I'm sure it wasn't noticeable to anyone else, but it made me smile. I love the reassurance that she's doing well in there.
Carson has no interest in feeling the kicks, but he seems to understand somewhat that I'm pregnant. I asked him this week what was in Mommy's tummy and he smiled and said "Baby Avery". He sometimes pats my stomach. Then again, sometimes he hits it too. LOL. He's a little boy after all.
I know I have a long way to go, but I'm already starting to reach the "uncomfortable" stage. And I think I'm starting to waddle a bit. Haha. It's getting hard to lean over and give Carson his baths. Lots of back pain and irregular contractions too. Oh well! :) It's worth it.
Current craving: rice krispie treats. :)
I hit 24 weeks yesterday so here's another "belly pic".
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment