Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Catching up

(I think I started this entry over a week ago.  We'll see if I can finally finish it tonight). 

Getting harder and harder to blog.  :(  But I shall sacrifice sleep for my loyal 1 (or so) reader(s).  LOL.  ;)  Kidding.

Avery update:
Avery's 3 months old!  She hit 3 months last week (on the 5th) (by the time I post this, it's been a couple of weeks).  It's really flown by.  I'm already having those mixed emotions on her getting older.  Part of me already misses the tiny little peanut that I once had.  I'm so sad that she's not my teeny baby.  She's so BIG now!  Mandy and I were just comparing the kids tonight (6/12) and we think that she and Fletcher are about the same size!  (He's 6 mos. old!)  At the same time, part of me wants her to be older already!  I tend to obsess over things that I cannot control.  I'm always just so terrified that something's going to happen to her.  Like she's going to stop breathing in the middle of the night or spit up and choke or something just too awful to imagine.  I worry about something happening to her at daycare.  Like them not paying attention to her and her ending up with a blanket over her head or something.  I don't know why I can't just be like a normal person and not think about stuff like that.  Anyway, sometimes I just wish that she was a bit older and sturdier.  :)  I need to savor every moment though and not wish it away because I know too well how quickly it goes.

She's really adorable right now.  She's cooing and babbling all the time.  Carson gets a kick out of her "talking".  He's always telling me, "Avery's talking to me Mommy!  She's funny!"  (I have very funny kids.  ;)  ).  She's drooling everywhere.  She's wearing 6 mos. clothes.  Barely.  :)  Some fit great; other brand new outfits are tight already!  She's also grabbing at toys now!  She started that last week (3 mos./13 weeks)!  She really focuses and tries to grab and bat at her overhead toys.  Carson likes to pile toys on her now (so cute) and she has been able to grab and hold them.  Big girl!  She's also pretty much sleeping through the night on a regular basis.  We seem to have settled into a good routine.  She's usually asleep by 9 and typically goes until 4 or 5.  We've had a few nights where she slept until 6:30!  It's been rougher this past week as we're dealing w/ her first cold.  :( 

Holding her ducky.  She likes to flash her belly a lot too. 
 
Carson piled up her toys!  :) 


First cold:  Sigh.  It was bound to happen, but I was hoping against it.  Avery's officially sick.  :(  Nothing major, just a cold.  She had been a little stuffy all last week but I thought she was getting better.  Then Friday, she started with a little cough.  This weekend has been full of snot and tears.  :(  (Carson's sick too and just woke up to cuddle in daddy's arms).  She's also getting over what the doctor thinks is a touch of the rotavirus (even though she got the vaccine).  Yippee.  She has had some NASTY poos over the last two weeks.  Nasty.  I was concerned that something was wrong, but she was acting fine.  I kept asking Mom and I finally started taking pictures.  Don't worry - I won't share here.  ;)  But she ran it by Dr. Boley, and he said it sounds just like rotavirus, but she should be on the tale end of it.  She still has about one bad diaper a day.  Poor baby.  She's still pretty darn smiley through it all though.  :)

Baby buggy:  Lucas caught Avery on the baby buggy on 6/7!  She was all bundled in with blankets, thank goodness, since she's a bit young for that.  When Lucas told me, I was kind of like WTH - why don't these people get that she's a newborn??  But she was fine.  I hope.  :)  And it's so cute when they're in it.  Remember this?  Carson - Baby Buggy!  Lucas didn't get a picture though and no rides since then.

Carson update:

New room and potty training:  Carson moved up to his new room at daycare last week (6/4)!  This one is the 2 1/2 - 3 year old room.  Pretty much the same as his last class, but this one focuses a bit more on potty training.  I'm hoping they can help because he is NOT interested at all!  He did go pee at home in the potty that next day (6/5), but that's about it.  He sits on the potty at school, but it's hit and miss at home.  Sometimes he screams NO when we ask him if he wants to try.  We attempted the whole "sit on the potty every 30 minute" thing this weekend and that didn't work.  :)  We're just going to keep giving him time.  I just don't think he's totally ready.  We bought a potty chair that sings when he goes.  He was SO excited to get it.  But he's not so excited about sitting on it.  :)  Despite M&Ms (nom-noms) and a sticker chart!  :)  We'll get there when he's ready.

Tumblebus:  The Tumblebus is a kind of traveling tumbling class.  It comes to Carson's daycare every Tuesday for 30 minutes.  We signed him up for the summer session and he started on June 5th.  So far, he loves it!  All of his little buddies do it too, so I'm glad we did it.  I wouldn't want him to be the only one not doing it!  It's a great way to burn off some energy too.  :)  The first night, I asked him what he did and he told me that he and Dashiel went to the blue bus.  I asked him what they did inside and he said nothing.  I asked him if he jumped and he said no.  Then he put his hand on his chin and said, "Hmmmmm......I did this mommy!"

Somersault! 




 So cute!

Sick:  Carson's sick along w/ his sister.  He and I each had a bit of a cold a couple of weeks ago, but he's seemed fine for a week or so.  Then all of a sudden, he and Avery got hit pretty hard.  They both are full of snot and coughing.  He woke up earlier tonight too, looking just miserable.  I just hate it when my babies are sick!  Hopefully it doesn't last long. 

Pics from the last few weeks:

Carson telling his sister how soft her pink blanket is.  :)  In fact, he keeps stealing it from her. 

Monkey toes!

Cheese!

Avery sleeping in her carrier so Daddy can cook. 

Tummy time!

"Hey Avery, you want this monster truck?"

"Let me push it for you"

Just chillin'
Carson enjoying his M&M after going potty!

Trying out our headbands

Favorite activity - playing with cars!


New sprinkler!  (Wouldn't go through it though)

Sleeping baby

Oh ma god - look at those thighs!  These shorts barely fit her.  Yep - takes after her mommy I guess.  LOL. 

Swimming with Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment