Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Lots of changes

Carson's growing and changing every day! It's hard to keep up with everything! I need to be better at jotting everything down so I don't forget!

In the last month, he's started "talking" more - "ba, ba, ba" and "ma, ma, ma". Sorry Daddy - no "da, da, da" yet, but I'm sure that will end up being his first word. :-)

He's moving nonstop now. He rolls EVERYWHERE. And EVERYTHING goes straight into his mouth. I learned a valuable lesson last month not to turn my back for even a moment.....I turned back just in time to watch him roll off our bed! I was horrified, but thankfully he was fine. I'm sure I'll have many more "bad mom" moments along the way, but hopefully none that harm my child! It was awful and I can't believe it happend on "my watch"! Lesson learned. No more sitting on the bed in the morning. :-) (And no more sitting on the couch alone either - see previous post!) But as I said, he rolls everywhere and he's so fast! In an instant, he goes from sitting, to belly, to across the room! Yesterday, I caught him w/ Emma's Kong in his mouth - twice! So we're now building "pillow forts" as much as we can to keep him within arm's length! Especially until we baby-proof! Lucas - if you're reading this, you've got some work to do! Ha ha!

He's becoming a big boy at daycare too. Just this week, he started feeding himself his bottles. Not all, but every once in a while. (I think they have to do that before they can move up to the next room. But he's still got a little while. Ms. Kaitlin said it will probably be June. Whew!) I think Lucas is proud. I'm sad. I just know these moments aren't going to last long and even though every new thing is so exciting, I'm just not in a hurry to get to anything. :-) But here he is feeding himself like a little man.

And speaking of feeding, he just started fully on formula last week. I weaned slowly over the last month. I was lucky to have quite a bit frozen, so that helped get him up to last week. He seems to love formula - I was worried about weaning for nothing. I think I was more upset to give it up than he was. He didn't seem to notice at all! There are plenty of bonding moments that we can still have! I'm glad we were able to go as long as we did. But man, it is nice not to have to mess w/ pumping anymore!!! Or warming up bottles! Feeding him is so quick now. I love it! :-)

He's started lately to get one little knee up when he's on his belly. And then this weekend, he started getting up on all fours, rocking back and forth, and scooting backwards a little. He usually gets up, rocks for a bit, realizes he's not going anywhere, and drops down to start rolling. It's pretty cute to watch. I tried to get some pics of him in action (and a video) tonight.


He's very entertained by his big "sister" Emma! He watches her constantly and laughs and laughs. Hopefully they'll grow up to be the best of friends. As long as I can teach Carson not to pull her hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment