Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Last week

We had a big week last week (week of 7/26 - I'm a little slow in finishing and posting!!). We finally got new carpet! Woo hoo! We've been complaining for years about our horrible dingy carpet. No matter how many times we get it cleaned, it looks awful. It was that pale cheap carpet that went into all of the houses on the street when they were built. And over the years, areas were used as Emma's personal potty area. Although, in her defense, most were accidents associated with her seizures (which thankfully seem to be gone!) But anyway, the stains just wouldn't go away completely. So, we've finally replaced it with new cheap carpet. Haha! I think I was in denial with the whole process. I knew that we'd have to move all over our furniture......but I just don't think I really realized just how much work that would be!! Lucas spent time over a couple weeks moving all of the "little" stuff. And then we spent the weekend moving everything else. Everything. It seriously was like moving. But now, it's over and done with and I love it! It's darker so it will hopefully hide the stains from both children! And it's fluffier which is nice with Carson crawling everywhere and us being on the floor with him (we're getting old, you know). I think the whole family is happy with it. And everything feels so CLEAN! I loved having completely empty rooms to clean! And Carson loved empty rooms (and closets!) to crawl around in. He played for 20 minutes straight in his closet. Had us cracking up. I would post before and after pics of the carpet, but seriously, they're just too embarrassing.

Carson in his closet
They finished pretty quickly and we were able to get all of our furniture back by Thursday night We only had to sleep in the basement for one night. Carson slept like a champ though. He couldn't have cared less - he slept all night! Lucas and I, on the other hand, were very grateful for our bed back. Anyway, the big stuff is back and I can take my time moving the little stuff back in over time. I'm trying to take it as an opportunity to de-clutter! I'm a horrible pack-rat. But I think I'm really ready to get rid of stuff that we just don't need. I hate looking around and seeing crap everywhere! Especially now with all of his toys. And Emma's toys.......ugh. Since I can't get rids of the kids' stuff, I will get rid of ours. :-)

I shouldn't even waste time typing about how the air went out on the 30th as I was trying to get things back in order.........I HATE being hot........but fingers crossed, it was recharged that night and is hanging in there until we can get the coil replaced. Please, please hang in there air........ :-)

Anyway, this is supposed to be about Carson - not carpet and air conditioning. :-) Carson was awesome through the whole ordeal though, as usual. He is so laid back and just pretty awesome in general. We're awfully lucky.

But Carson had a big week too. He ended up with pink eye for what seems like the 10th time (and again this week (8/4) - yay!). So endless eye drops for him. He was pretty grumpy those first couple days, but doing better now. And he's been working on standing. He did so well this weekend (7/30). He's standing for longer periods on his own. And he finally figured out how to clap!! It's so adorable! He claps with one palm to the outside of the other hand. I love it. He's also waving like crazy! Both hands at the same time. Super cute. And he's learned how to "gimme 5". He laughs and laughs when he does it. I'll try to get video some time. So much fun to watch him figure out new things!




No comments:

Post a Comment