I know that every mom thinks that their child is brilliant and wonderful.....but I'm just so amazed by Carson every day! Maybe it's partly that I don't know enough about children yet....I don't know what they typically do when.....so when he does these cute little things, I'm just so amazed and happy. He just brings such joy and happiness to our lives. I knew that I was going to love being a mom, but it's so much more wonderful than I even imagined.
Tonight, I let Carson open a Christmas present from Aunt Julie. Emma, always a good big sister, helped him. It was the coolest Little People tractor. He loved it. As I was getting it out of the box, I noticed that Carson walked off into the kitchen. I didn't give it much thought until he came back and sat down next to me. I went to move the wrapping paper out of the way and I noticed that it was gone. Then I realized - he had wadded up the paper and taken it into the kitchen and thrown it away in the garbage can. I seriously was just so shocked. How does he know how to do that?? I was just so proud of him! It's such a little thing, but I'm just so amazed to watch him turn into this little person! I can't describe it! I just adore him!
Over the last few weeks, I've noticed other little things like that too. He's been going to the sliding glass door to try to let Emma back in from outside. And since we've had snow, he tries to grab the towel to help wipe her feet when she comes in! I guess it just shows that they really are these tiny little sponges, just watching everything we do. :-) He also goes to his room on his own for bed. We ask him if he's ready for night-night and he usually gets up, grabs his blankies, and walks to his room! I just love it. Tonight, he took off and blew kisses to Daddy as he walked down the hall. Adorable! He's been doing the same for baths or when he needs his diaper changed too. We had a LOT of practice with that last week when we had a touch of the flu. Almost every time he pooed, we'd ask him if he did, and he usually nods and/or takes off for his room! It just still shocks me sometimes that he understands what we're saying. :-)
He's the sweetest little boy too. When someone asks for kisses, he goes around the room with them. He almost always starts with Daddy, then comes to me, and then to Emma. He doesn't want to leave anyone out. Such a sweetheart.
I know all of this is probably so silly to other people, but I just find it so absolutely amazing. And I just don't want to forget anything as he grows up! It just makes me smile. :-)
Oh - and he pointed to a ball the other day and, clear as a bell, said "Ball!" I'm telling you - brilliant! Haha. :-)
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment