I need to remember to post all of those little things that Carson does that make me smile. You know, those little things that no one else would ever care about. I wish wish I could videotape everything. I just hope I never forget all of these cute moments that make me laugh. :-)
Some of my favorites:
- the way he grabs a book and literally just backs up with it until he finds a lap to sit in. I just find it so incredibly cute. He doesn't even look where he's going, he just goes straight back until he hits something/someone, and sits. :-) I LOVE that he likes sitting in my lap. I'm sure there will come a day that he won't, so I'll treasure it now. :-)
- the way he quacks every time he picks up his "animal sounds" book. :-)
- the smile that he gets when he sees his "sister" Emma! He totally adores her. Today, I asked him for a kiss. He shook his head, but walked right over to Emma, patted her on the head, and kissed her on the nose. Adorable! He now (pretty clearly) says "Sissy" whenever he sees her. He points, smiles and yells it.
- the way he still shakes his finger in the air when we read "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" (from Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed).
- his new "language". It sounds like French or something to me, but it's totally precious. He talks and talks and talks. I can't wait until someday I understand it! He is saying more and more (recognizable) words though - "Uh oh" "Daddy/Dad" "Mom/Mama" "Sissy". He tries to say his own name. Doesn't sound anything like Carson of course, but it's consistently the same "babble". He points at himself and says it. Then he'll point at Daddy or Sissy and say that. He's also got a "babble" word for milk too. That's my guess at least because he typically yells it as he hurls his empty sippy cup at me. Haha.
- his laugh. That deep belly laugh. I've tried to videotape it because it's completely infectious. Even when he's laughing because he just threw something at me, it's still so darn cute. I try my hardest not to laugh back.....but.......
there just isn't anything much better than a child's laugh!
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment