12/28/11 - I already briefly mentioned my appt. w/ Dr. Teverbaugh. I asked her if we could go ahead and schedule the c-section and she said, "How about March 5th?" :) I can't believe we have an official date!! I mean, obviously we had a due date, but this just feels more real somehow! The hospital called later that afternoon to confirm 8:30 AM on the 5th! I'm glad that Dr. T will be the one to do it too. So I just need to convince Miss Avery to stay put until then. No early arrivals please! There's too much to do before then. Dr. T did mention that I had some protein in my urine sample. She said that normally that means that they're going to have issues w/ my blood pressure (i.e. pre-eclampsia). But my BP has been excellent so far. She said we'll just have to keep an eye on it and to be sure to let them know if I start to have any swelling or flu-like symptoms. (I've been having a lot of swelling at night lately, but as long as it goes away by morning, that's normal). Anyway, nothing else exciting. JUST A DATE! :)
1/3/12 - Had maternal/fetal appt w/ Dr. Leonardi. 30w, 1d. Sono went well. Dr. came in briefly. They usually spend a lot more time, but it was very quick this time. He said he "sees no concerns w/ baby". :) So unless my titers change, there's no reason to see me back "until next pregnancy". With that, Lucas told him that it's been nice knowing him. LOL. He's sure that we're done. I told him that we need to wait until Avery gets here before we go scheduling that vasectomy! I'm fine w/ being on birth control for another couple of years. I'm pretty sure that we'll be done too.....but...... :) Anyway, I love going to the maternal/fetal appointments, so I'm a bit sad that we don't have one more. (We had 4 w/ Carson). BUT, at the same time, no news is good news and I'm just grateful/relieved that everything looks good! The sono tech said again that her arms and legs are long so she's probably going to be really tall (they said the same last time). Looks like I may be the shortest in our family! :) Her heartbeat was 130 and she's 4 lbs. already!! I need to look back and see what Carson was at this stage. She tried really hard, but we got no good pictures! :(
1/13/12 - 31 w, 5d. My appointments are now every 2 weeks. This one was w/ one of the midwives - Sue. Heartbeat was 143. BP still good. No protein in urine this time. Yay! I think the last result must have been because I wasn't drinking enough water. I've been having cramping on and off for the last week so I mentioned that. She said that it's ok as long as it's not more than 4 an hour (like contractions). They've been more like menstrual cramps - seem fairly constant for a while and then go away. Felt better to know that it's not a big deal though.
She asked me if I was still working. Um, yes. Then she asked how many hours. I told her that it's a busy time so more than I normally do. She again asked how many hours and I said 6 days a week. She said, "absolutely not". I just laughed but she said she wasn't joking. :) She told me (and then again like 4 more times) that I need to cut back on my hours. She said she really doesn't want me working over 40 hours a week and no more than 8 hours a day. Not really sure if that's feasible right now, but I would never want to risk anything either. She said that I need to remember that I'm high-risk and just because things have been going well doesn't mean that I should overdo things. I guess I just don't know where it was coming from. It really was even before we discussed the cramping or anything. I'm not sure if she pushed because of that or if it's just a normal "you shouldn't push it" at this stage of pregnancy?? She said that 40 hours was better than 0 hours and she didn't want to put me on bedrest. Again, I'm not sure WHY they would even suggest that since nothing is happening. Maybe they're just being cautious. I am exhausted and would LOVE to not work over 40 hours, but it's such a busy time at work. I know that shouldn't come first, and it doesn't, but it's important too. I'll just do my best to cut back maybe during the week and see if I can stay caught up. We'll just have to figure it out. And I'll just pay close attention to how I'm feeling and try not to push it too much. When I checked out, they told me that she ordered a sono for my next visit. Not sure why on that one either, but I'll always take another chance to peek at baby Avery! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment