| Before appointment |
| Getting measured by Grandma |
| Those thighs! :) |
| Bandaids :( |
| Asleep after shots. Tough girl! |
Dr. Boley said that she's doing well. She of course is a big baby. :) Her height and weight popped up as being outside the norm as Grandma entered them on the computer. Dr. and I agreed that I just grow 'em big. :) He commented that I must have buttermilk - haha. He said no worries though - she's perfectly healthy and, just like Carson, will thin out once she gets moving around. :) He checked her over and said she looks great. Things they look for developmentally at 2 months are smiling, head control and looking around/making eye contact. She seems to be right on track. I was concerned with her belly button. She definitely has an "outtie" but it looks a little weird to me. :( He confirmed that she has a herniated belly button and most just go away/go in by a year. That's just the way hers healed. I was also worried about her head getting a little flat in back and he confirmed that she's got a bit of a flat spot on her left side. We have noticed that she favors looking left when she lies down or sleeps. He recommended putting her to sleep on her right side. He said she's too chubby to roll over on her stomach. :) I don't know that I can put her to bed like that - I think I would worry all night. But I can put her on her side for naps at least when I can watch her and maybe prop her just a bit at night so she looks to the right. I remember the same thing w/ Carson. (He also recommended side sleeping, but we just made sure his head was facing the other way). Hers seems a bit flatter though than I remember with him. It makes me feel like a bit of a bad mommy though - like if I held her more or something, she wouldn't have it. But I know it's fairly common and he wasn't worried at all. He said she's far from being a "helmet kid" so hopefully it will go away.
Avery's 2 month stats:
Height: 24.5 in. (98.05%)
Weight: 14 lbs. 12 oz. (99.62%) (OMG!)
Head: 40 cm. (78.24%)
At birth:
Height: 20.75 in.
Weight: 8 lbs. 8 oz.
Head: 36 cm.
I went back and looked and Carson was 15 lbs. even at 2 months and 25 in. long. Big kids! :) Just thankful that they're healthy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment