Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

6 Mo. Checkup

Carson had his 6 mo. checkup today. He did really well. He did pee all over himself, my hand, and the table.....but that's okay. :-) He got 3 shots this time. He cried and his little face turned bright red, but he stopped as soon as I picked him up. What a big boy!

Here are his stats:

21 lbs. 6 oz. (95%)
28.5 in. (96%)

Head circumference o/s.....they don't give sheets out anymore! Grrr. She said I would get one so I didn't write anything down, but then I did not......ugh. I'll have to have Grandma look it up for us.

Dr. commented that he's "slimming down" since he's only in the 95th/96th percentiles. Ha, ha.

Dr. said that he should now be through all of the Stage 1 and 2 foods. Oops. We've only tackled Stage 1. :-) Guess we should move on. He said he could also have puffs now! And little pieces of our table fruits and veggies. I can't believe it - he still seems so little!

As always, I asked him exactly what/how much he should be eating (formula and food-wise) and I got a "whatever he wants". I appreciate that he's trying to give me the freedom to do whatever, but anyone who knows my personality knows that I prefer a little more structure and guidance. :-) I'm a rule-follower. So frustrating. I guess I'm going to have to learn to be a little more laid-back w/ him, but I really like to have a right or wrong way to do things. We'll have to figure it out on our own I guess.

All in all, the checkup went well and we have a healthy little boy. Guess we need to do some shopping for more baby food. And based on his weight, we need to do some shopping for another convertible car seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment