Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rough Week

So....it's been a really rough week. Carson's sick AGAIN. He's pretty much been sick since he was 10 weeks old - his second day at daycare. And don't get me wrong, we love the daycare we chose, but he's been sick ever since. One thing after the other. And that was 13 weeks ago already! Over half of his little life. Ugh! I keep trying to remind myself that he's going to have a kick-ass immune system later in life. :-) But that's not very comforting right now.

He's never really been totally over anything, but this time his congestion and cough are back. His cough had been getting so much better. He really only coughed in the morning after he woke up. But it's been getting worse again each day to the point of coughing most of the night. He's been running a low fever all week. He hasn't been drinking his bottles very well. And he's been VERY fussy. And now he's wheezing. We started breathing treatments again last Friday but that doesn't seem to be helping. :-( (Thank goodness we didn't return his nebulizer!) (He had bronchiolitis a week or so before his 4-mo checkup and has been on breathing treatments on and off since). He was up several times last night coughing and crying. It's just breaks my heart to see him so uncomfortable. Daycare reported today that he'd had a fever and slept most of the day. Again, he wasn't drinking much and was fussy. Poor little man! I called Grandma right away tonight and she's going to squeeze us into the doctor tomorrow. I just want to make sure his lungs are still clear and it's not an ear infection or anything. Man, I can't wait until spring. I just keep telling myself that he has to get better once it gets nice out. He just has to. :-(

Oh, and did I mention that on top of this, he's teething?? It's been a rough week.......

Here's the poor little guy after he cried himself to sleep on Daddy.....

1 comment: