Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

St. Louis

We went to St. Louis this weekend for our first family vacation! (Emma stayed home with Grandma). We went down to see our friends Shannon and Becca. And I knew before this trip that I was blessed to be Carson's mommy. But, oh my, we really are SO lucky to be his parents. He was so good. I still can't get over it. On the way down, he slept almost 2 1/2 hours. He woke up and Lucas and I just looked at each other, prepared for the screaming. But nope. He just looked around casually. Grabbed a couple toys here and there, but mostly just stared at the window. Perfectly content. Same thing on the way back. He only slept for just under 2 hours that time. But still, woke w/ a yawn and just stared around. He started crying when we hit East Peoria. Not bad at all! Even our friends kept commenting on how good he was. Even with limited napping (and very HOT weather), he still just kept going....and with a smile most of the time. What a great mini-vacation! And what a wonderful little boy we have!!

Getting ready to leave - "I'm so excited Daddy!"

Yay - we're here!

Out to dinner

What a long day!


And this was Carson on the way home (Monday) - before we even left the hotel parking lot. :-) Vacations are exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment