Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This week

So many updates to share in just one week! I kept meaning to post on each thing......but each day passes and there's more to add! Guess I'll just combine everything!

Well, I already "reported" that Carson (finally) got his first tooth! Yay! He was fussy on and off this week - I think it was bothering him. But hopefully it will start to feel better now that it's popped up. I can kind of see at least one more so I won't be surprised if that tooth has company soon. His friend Emma also got her first tooth the same day (5/3). And I guess Emma's daddy came in to see Carson and Emma cuddling that day - one was lying in the other's lap. Maybe they were comforting each other - or celebrating their new teeth! :-) Anyway, I finally was able to get a picture!


Also this week, Carson started sitting up on his own from his back/belly. Saturday morning, I heard him and walked into his room to see this. Good thing my camera was close!

And since then, most mornings and after naps, it's been the same thing. He's usually at the end of the crib trying to pull himself up or rip the mobile off the end of the bed! So Daddy had to take the mattress down a notch yesterday. When Carson learns new things, it definitely seems like it's all of a sudden and I don't want to walk in one morning to him standing there, hanging over the edge. :-) I've already let him roll off the bed (remember!).

He continued to get up on all fours this week and rock. And then this weekend (Friday night I think), he finally took two "steps". We were so excited! One knee forward and then the other.....and then promptly down to tummy! He also started scooting forward on his bottom. Hands in the air and mouth wide open - apparently that helps w/ forward momentum. We knew it would just be a matter of time.........

Ms. Kaitlin reported that he "army-crawled" all over the room yesterday.

And then, today, Ms. Kirsten said it was official - MR. C IS CRAWLING!! I can't believe it happened so quickly!! I tried to get some video tonight! They're short! (Lucas is embarrassed of the Vikings blanket that he's crawling on - please ignore! :-) )






No comments:

Post a Comment