Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oops....it's almost been a month

I know I promised I'd be better with this blogging thing, but looks like I haven't been so successful. Life keeps getting in the way! :-) So this will be another random "catch-up".

I put the little guy down tonight and as I rocked him to sleep (I know - bad!), I couldn't help but shake my head at how quickly the year has gone. I know he's still got a couple of months yet, but still. He's not my little baby anymore at all! I can barely cradle him in my arms anymore. And so, while I KNOW it's not a good idea to rock him to sleep, I still do it! I know I won't be able to forever, so I'm enjoying while I can. It's especially nice on nights that I have to work late. I love the extra cuddle time. And knock on wood, he hasn't had many problems waking up in the middle of the night. So I just don't worry about it. We lay him down semi-awake when we can.....but yes, I still rock him and I love it! :-)
I even love it when he pulls my hair.....and slaps me in the face....and scratches me....and sticks his fingers up my nose.......sigh. (That's his current "routine" if he's not tired). But then he starts to drift off and I kiss those big chubby cheeks and it's the best feeling in the world.

Anyway, it's already almost been a month since my last post.......what have we been up to???

Well, I meant to include this in the last update, but he's definitely learned "No". He shakes his head back and forth and just smiles. He's finally learning yes now too. He's not as good at the nod, but he's getting there. :-) And he's been waving for a while. He started sometime last month with both of those. He usually waves with both hands in the air. So cute! I still can't get him to clap though! Can't be good at everything though, right? :-) I'll see if I can post the video (I only have one attempt of capturing it).

He's still babbling away. I think I've posted on this before. He's been saying "mama" forever. But no "dada". No matter what. Poor Lucas. It's almost funny though. But FINALLY, I think we heard it last night. That's what we're going with at least. Ha ha. Carson of course is just babbling and it doesn't mean anything really, but it's nice to hear!

Last two teeth are finally in (hopefully). So now he has four! He looks so different with teeth, but still pretty adorable (in my opinion)! Sometimes I look at him though and it's already like he's a toddler! He's so tall, and now with all that hair and the teeth! Definitely not a "baby" anymore.

He's finally standing on his own....kind of! Just this past weekend (7/17 or so), he stood on his own for the first time. He's a little unsure, but he'll get the hang of it. He usually realizes he's not holding onto anything anymore and kind of melts to the ground. Cute.

Walking with a walker. We got him a little walker/rider lion the weekend of the 4th and he seems to finally be figuring it out. They have several at daycare so I'm sure he's used it before. But last weekend (7/10 or so), he took his first steps with it. He's getting pretty good at going across the room now. He's usually on his tippy-toes though!

Summer fun. We went to Farm Park last month to see all the animals. Have to admit, it seems a heck of a lot smaller than it did when I was little. :-) But I'm sure it will be fun as he gets older. We went on a really hot day and none of the animals seemed very interested in doing anything. As usual, I think I had more fun than he did, but ...... :-) After that, we went swimming in our new little kiddie pool. If it ever stops raining, we can break that out again.

Hmmm....what else have we been up to?

Helping Daddy measure for new carpet.....

Practicing flexibility (seriously how can he sleep like that??)

Playing in totes....

Climbing toilet paper mountains......

And escaping from Mommy after bath (just tonight).....

It's been a pretty fun month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment