1. New infant class - On 6/1, Carson moved to the Infant II class! This one goes up to 15 mos. It's a very active room and he LOVES it. Most days, he's too busy playing to take his naps. I'm glad he has friends, but it sucks for Mom and Dad because he falls asleep on the way home and we have trouble waking him for dinner! Cuts into our play time at home for sure. But I'm sure as he continues to adjust, that will get better. There are good days and bad. But he seems to love his new teachers and all of his new friends.
2. Pulling himself to standing - He's been crawling all over for a while now. He has definitely mastered that! He is FAST!! And somewhere in May, I believe he pulled himself up, but we had yet to see it for ourselves. Well it didn't take long. We caught him pulling himself up the week he started his new class. Here's the first picture we were able to get.
3. Table food and teeth - Very slowly, we've begun table food. They do table food in this new class at daycare so I told them to go ahead w/ the softer foods. Unfortunately, he tends to sleep right through their table-food lunch. But he's had some of the snack foods. I need to be better at home so he gets the practice. We're finally getting the hang of the stage 3 foods (little chunkier) and we've had all kinds of other little things (green beans, mashed potatoes, toast, cheese, etc.). He's getting very good at chewing and he's doing really well at feeding himself puffs, etc. Oh and he loves mum-mums! Someone at daycare recommended it and they're definitely his favorite. His bottom two teeth are fully in (and sharp!) and just last week (6/23), I discovered his top two! The one on the right is coming in for sure - I can see the white and feel it. And it looks like the one right next to it won't be far behind. No white on that one, but I can see the bump. :-) So with 3 teeth (and soon to be 4), he should be a pro at table food in no time. If Mommy can stop worrying and let him try more things!
4. Grass - We went to our first little league game (cousin Dylan's) and I realized that Carson had never been in the grass before! He seemed fascinated. And provided me with a good opportunity to get pictures of these chunky legs! I love them!
5. Throwing - Carson is becoming a pro at throwing things......usually his ball. He's got a pretty good arm too. We're hoping that develops into something and we can retire young. :-) He usually laughs and laughs each time he throws it. And apparently, bouncy balls are his favorite thing at school too. Ms. Kathy said that he and Max sit in the corner with one of the rubber balls and bounce it back and forth laughing the whole time. Wish I could see it! However, he has discovered that he can throw other things besides balls........sippy cups, bottles, food...you name it. I should probably be happy that he's learned a new skill, huh? :-) The ball-throwing is cute.....I could live without the bottle being hurled across the room though. Oh well! He's still pretty cute so he can get away with it!
Guess that's it for now! I'll try to be better about updates. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment