On Sunday, Bob and Mandy received the official diagnosis of Trisomy 18. My heart continues to break for them as I type this. Our hearts are broken - we had so many dreams of our boys growing up together and being best friends just like we all are. But it goes without saying that Bob and Mandy had infinite dreams and hopes for their little baby and I know that their hearts are completely shattered. I cannot express in words the pain and sadness I feel for them. And for Madisyn and Dylan. And for their entire family. I simply cannot even begin to imagine what they're going through. And I wish with every fiber of my being that they did not have to experience such pain. It's devastating. It's unimaginable. It's not fair.
But I know that, despite their pain, they are cherishing every moment with their beautiful baby boy. And I'm so grateful to God that they have been given these days. And I pray for more. I pray for God to give them strength and peace and to continue to help them through the most difficult time of their lives.
But today marks Baby Tyler's one week birthday! And that should be celebrated! He was even able to be weaned off of the ventilator today and is breathing on his own. What a miracle! He is such a gift to all of us who have the privilege of knowing him. And I will follow Mandy and Bob's example and just simply be grateful for every moment that he's able to be here. Happy birthday Baby Tyler! We love you SO MUCH!
Bob and Mandy have also set up a Caring Bridge site for Tyler if anyone would like to follow their story: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylersamuelbradstreet



No comments:
Post a Comment