Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Carson the Talker


It just amazes me how much Carson is talking.  He talks constantly.  I personally have no comparison to other kids, but different people have told me that he talks a lot for his age.  I don't even remember when he started speaking in full sentences honestly, but it just seemed like overnight, he did and now we have full-on conversations.  I love watching him grow up and turn into this awesome little boy.  We talk all the way to daycare each day and he tells me if there are ducks or geese in the water each day.  :)  We look for buses and police cars.  And when Lucas picks him up, he reports his day.  Every night at dinner, I ask him what he did at school and he always says, "I play Maxi-Dash" (his 2 buddies, Max and Dash).  But lately, he'll continue and tell us different things, like "I make gingerman (gingerbread man)" and "I play table toys".  At first, we didn't necessarily believe that he was telling about that particular day, but more just talking in general.  But things he says now match up to his "daily report" so that's pretty cool.  :)  I was able to pick him up the other day and he ran up and told me that "Bobby hurt my body".  I shouldn't smile, but his phrasing always cracks me up.  Then he said, "Bobby go timeout".  I thought maybe he was exaggerating again that someone hit him, but the teacher confirmed that Bobby had kind of smashed Carson's face into the mat and had gotten sent to timeout.  I guess I shouldn't find it so fascinating, but each stage is still so new to me and I love that he can really share his day with us.

He's also hooked on talking on the phone lately.  Neither one of us can be on the phone lately without him coming up and telling us emphatically that he NEEDS to talk to whoever.  He's picking up on names so much too!  Lucas was just telling me tonight that he grabbed the phone away when he heard that Lucas was talking to his friend Gus.  He ran up and said, "I need talk to Gus" and then proceeded to say hi to Gus and tell him all about his day.  Just love it.  :)

(I know this isn't an exciting post by any means, but just stages I want to remember.  :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment