Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Carson Quotes

I can't say enough how much I adore that little boy of ours!  He's growing so quickly - it just amazes me.  He's such a little boy now.  It seems like just the other day, he was just learning to talk and now we have full-on conversations.  He says the funniest, most adorable things.  I guess most are just funny to us - hearing it and knowing the context.  But I try to jot them down as he says them so I can look back and smile.  Here are a few.  ;)

 - "Sure". - Everything is sure lately. - "Oh yeah, sure."  "I sure did."  "It sure does".
 - "That makes it better." - He's very concerned lately with everything feeling better - Kleenex, blankets, brushing teeth.  Everything "makes it better".
 - "He's a good guy.  He's great!" -  In reference to one of the characters in his book.
 - "Here, I rub your back, Mommy.  You welcome".
 - "Or something", ie.  "I need play or something."  "I watch TV or something".  "I eat dinner or something".
 - "Look at my big muscles!" (holding up his arms).  :)
 - "You got hiccups Mommy?  I got hiccups too.  That's funny!"
 - "What's up?"
 - "What you talking about?" - he's always very interested now in our conversations with each other.
 - "Hey - I got a great idea!  Let's watch Wiggles on the 'puter'!" - (computer) - this was after I showed him Elmo on my laptop the night before.
 - "You stay w/ me Mommy?  You no go to work?" - I'll just say that there were several days where he just broke my heart and I left for work on the weekends in tears.  It's unbelievably hard sometimes to be a working mom.  :(
 -  In response to me telling him that he's the cutest baby in the world - "I not baby.  I big boy!"
 - "Oh that's a big hug!"
 - "I love you too!" - my very favorite!
 - "Mommy and Daddy love me."  "You love me so much".  - At least I don't have to worry that he feels unloved.  :)
 - "I'm not Kung Fu Panda, silly Daddy!  I'm Carson Bland!"  :)  He's VERY into Kung Fu Panda (sometimes AKA Carson Panda) lately.
 - "Hey!  Get me outta here!!" - Another current obsession is shutting all the doors in the house.  He can't yet open them though, and he realized that quickly one day when he shut himself in his room and couldn't get out.  :)  He has so much fun shutting the doors on us though.  He gets so proud of himself!  "I did it!"

He's also mastered the concept of taking turns.  I think that's pretty adorable.  "Here Mommy/Daddy - your turn.  Now my turn".  With brushing teeth or playing - I just think it's kind of cool that he understands that he needs to take turns and share.

He also likes to list things a lot.  He remembers so much!  It amazes me!  He just needs to watch a Mickey Mouse or Kung Fu Panda episode once and the next time, he's telling me all about it.  When Mickey asks a questions, he always answers right away.  So proud of him.  He's just so smart!  Not quite as proud at the amount of TV that he probably watches, but we certainly aren't perfect!  But when Kung Fu Panda comes on, he'll just start listing everyone - "Mantis and Crane and Snake and Tiger and Monkey!!"  (followed by clapping for himself).  We got a new book for Christmas (Brown Bear and it only took a couple reads for that one too.  He'll had it to me and start listing all the animals - Brown Bear and Red Bird and Blue Horse and Green Frog and Purple Cat and White Dog and Goldfish and Teacher!!.  (He only missed Black Sheep).  I just couldn't believe he remembered all of them though.  His memory is certainly better than mine lately.  Although Lucas never fails to remind me that my brain has shrunk due to pregnancy........  :)

And what's a post without pictures of my little man.....:)



We've had a hard time keeping him out of his monkey basket....



He discovered the carseat and wanted to try it out before Avery's arrival.  :)

Love that face!

No comments:

Post a Comment