Carson Reed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Avery Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week 3

We're at week 3.  Life so far w/ miss Avery has been pretty great.  I'm still pretty exhausted, but I guess that'll be the case for a while.  She actually is doing fairly decently with sleeping at night.  We do typically have a longer 2-3 hour stretch where she's awake (she usually wakes up between 2 and 3 and up until 4 or 5), but she'll have a couple 3 hour stretches of sleep.  I need to get better at falling asleep as soon as she does.  She at least doesn't cry too much though overnight and just wants to eat once or twice and eventually go back to sleep.  I'm sleeping on the couch and she's in a bassinet next to me.  Lucas hopefully is able to get a decent night's sleep then each night since he has to work and handles everything around the house, including Carson.  It kills me that I can't pick him up or play too hard with him.  It will be a while before I can lift him, but I can't wait until I at least feel better physically and can play more with him.  I missed him so much the first week or so.  I felt like I didn't see him much at all.  We've had some much needed cuddle time since then.  And I've finally changed a diaper or two.  It's absolutely crazy to go from changing her tiny little diaper to changing his though!

Anyway, Avery overall is pretty laidback.  She really only cries when she's hungry or needs her diaper changed.  This week, she's been more fussy than normal during the day, but I still am going w/ laidback overall.  She's a good baby.  :)

Avery was jaundice in the hospital so we had to go to the pediatrician the day after we were discharged from the hospital.  She's also lost over 10% of her body weight.  She was discharged at 7 lbs. 9 oz.  My milk came in on Thursday (sorry - tmi) and the doctor said that would help w/ both issues.  Sure enough, she was up 2 oz. by the next afternoon and her billirubin level was down.  It's nice that she's finally not yellow.  ;)  And her cheeks are plumping out!

Pics from the first three weeks:


First sponge bath at home
Wiped out after bath
 
Her oversized St. Patrick's Day outfit!  We thought she'd be bigger - but all of her clothes are huge on her!
First time outside.  Watching Carson play bubbles!
First time in the swing.  Doing her "popeye" look.  She loves the swing now!
First time trying out her crib for a moment. 

I love my babies!

Big blue eyes and all that hair!
 Visitors at home:
Uncle Bob
Grandma Margaret.  She brought us several wonderful meals!
The "Milli"

Baby Fletcher.  Their first "date".  Supervised by Lucas.  ;)
Aunt Mandy
"Cousin" Madisyn
Aunt Mandy and Fletcher.  They came over for our first play date last week.
 

Piggies!
 We had visitors at the hospital too!
Brooke and Kristin came
Meg
Kyra (and Rae)




No comments:

Post a Comment