It was a disaster. :( My darling daughter who, up to that day, slept like a rock every afternoon, spent the entire photo shoot awake and screaming. She got two poses before Avery just dissolved into hysterics. I could tell she was exhausted. I had just fed her so she'd be good through the session and she was about to fall asleep when the photographer arrived 30 minutes early. And I'm not blaming her (the photographer), but it was just all wrong from then on. I tried to nurse her a couple of times to calm her down. And it worked. She'd fall asleep every time I'd nurse or we'd walk around with her. But as soon as I'd set her down, she'd start screaming. :( It just was awful. I think she was exhausted and really cold. It was so stressful for me. I just didn't know what to do. :( The photographer was really nice and patient, but I felt like (whether she really was or not) that she was getting frustrated too. I was hoping that she would do some family shots while we tried to calm Avery down - since she was fine being held. I guess I should've just been more vocal. But all of a sudden, our time was up and she had to go. I tearfully asked her if we could at least get a family shot before she went and she obliged. I felt bad that she was late. But I just couldn't believe that we only got like 3 poses. None w/ her little ruffled butt in the air. None of me holding her. None of Lucas holding her. I was just SO disappointed. She tried to reassure me that she got some cute shots. I guess we'll see. Needless to say, she left the house and I dissolved in tears. I guess it was such a big buildup......and then such a let down. And the hormones.......sigh.
I tried unsuccessfully to do my own photo shoot at home - haha. I'm obviously not a professional :), but the subject was still pretty adorable. (I need to figure out how to use my camera better!) Still hopeful that the photographer got some cute shots, but I guess it is what it is.
Here are some of my home, messing-around, shots. I need to find that cheesecloth.......
| Totally pissed at this point :) |

Oh erica! I feel awful! I hope you like how the cd turns out. If it makes you feel any better, alaina was awake and crying through most of hers too, and we still got some good pics. Neither one of my kids would ever sleep peacefully thru a photo session. I don't know how people get babies to do it!
ReplyDeleteThat does actually make me feel better. :). I'm hopeful that she still got some cute shots. I just couldn't believe she was so uncooperative. I just really wanted some specific shots. I should've been more specific. Looking at other people's newborn shots just makes me more sad cuz I feel like they had such cool shots. And so many poses. It's no one's fault or anything but I was just so sad.
Delete